Looking forward to going on a trip to the beach with friends this year. Already started getting in shape. Now i've been told I have chronic granulomatous disease. How can I explain to them how I got it?

Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: You don't have to
You do not have to explain anything to your friends unless you want to! go and have a great time.
You have had this since birth and probably a mild form if it has just recently been diagnosed. You will have to be more vigilant when you are feeling sick as you may need antibiotics for infections sooner than anyone else you know. See comment for more info.

In brief: You don't have to
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
In chronic granulomatous disease (CGD), phagocytic cells are unable to kill certain bacteria and fungi. This leads to long term (chronic) and repeated (recurrent) infections. The condition is often discovered in very early childhood. Milder forms may appear during the teen years or even in adulthood.http://health.yahoo.net/adamcontent/chronic-granulomatous-disease....more info on this web page
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology
In brief: Why explain?
You don't have to explain anything if you don't want to; it's none of anyone's business.
But are you sure the diagnosis is correct? CGD is quite rare; only about 20 cases are diagnosed in the US each year. Did a doctor diagnose it? Did you get a second opinion?

In brief: Why explain?
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Shontae Buffington