I try to avoid toxic drugs and treatments. What can I try before I go for traditional medical care for circumscribed scleroderma?

Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: NOT AS SEVERE
Scleroderma is a fascinating disease and has 3 main types, diffuse, limited and localized also known as morphea.
Diffuse scleroderma is the most severe. Circumscribed scleroderma or morphea tends to mean a localized area of thickened skin. This tends to be less severe with few compications of other organs which is typical of diffuse scleroderma. Treament is limited.

In brief: NOT AS SEVERE
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. PHILIP WALLER
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology
In brief: Nothing
There is no effective otc treatment for morphea.
Most prescription treatments are topical, and none are toxic. Some cases of morphea resolve on their own without treatment, but you won't know if that's a possibility in your case unless you get examined. Traditional medicine should be your first resort, not your last.

In brief: Nothing
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology