How would a doctor treat himself if he had basal cell carcinoma?

Surgery. No fancy new topical creams for this doctor. Surgical excision for me, even if it's extremely early. I'd be offered fancy microsurgery with a colleague checking each margin to produce the smallest possible scar. This matters to some folks but not to me. Just take the thing off and spare me the extra time and my third-party payer the expense. Cheers.
Remove it... Basal cell cancers need to be surgically removed as early as possible. They don't tend to spread, so generally only surgical removal is necessary (no chemo therapy or radiation therapy.). If someone is exceedingly ill, nonsurgical therapies are sometimes considered.
Like anyone else. Anyone with known skin cancer should get treatment from a dermatologist or a surgeon who is experienced in the management of skin cancer.
Local excision. Basal cell carcinomas can be cured by local excision.
Same way (s) Surgery>radiation. New chemo-in-a-pill available for advanced cases.
Self treatment. There are several types and treatment would vary by presentation. Very early forms could be treated with topical chemotherapy whereas others near critical structured would benefit from using the mohs technique.
Depends. On where the basal cell carcinoma (bcc)is and how big it is. There are multiple ways to treat including excision, topical medications and radiation therapy. Excision is easy but may not be feasable for all bcc. Medication may not be enough for larger leasions but works well for superficial bcc. Radiation is often used in areas that may not be amenable to excision.
Surgery. He or she would go to a dermatologist and have the basal cell excised or curetted and cauterized. Basal cell is one of the least aggressive of all cancers, but it needs to be removed before it can cause local destruction of skin structures.