How to determine if I have binge eating disorder?

Symptoms. For starters, if you're worried about having a binge eating disorder, you may have one. Indicators: if you eat a lot of food-more than someone else would-in a two hour period & you feel a loss of control (i.e.Can't stop till the bag is empty) & finally this happens at least twice a week, you probably have a binge eating disorder. Not surprisingly, most binge-eaters are overweight.
Medical evaluation. A binge -eating disorder involves rapidly eating large amounts of food to the point that you are physically uncomfortable. Eating may occur when alone even if not hungry. One can feel guilty or ashamed after binge -eating ; try to make up for it by dieting/ starvation. This can cause a yo-yo diet and weight may also yo-yo. Depressed ; anxious mood are often seen.