With type 1 diabetes what are my treatment options?

Dr. Alvin Fried
Internal Medicine - Diabetology

In brief: Insulin and diet

Type 1 diabetes occurs when the body has no way of having Insulin to help the body use sugar as a fuel for its activities.
It is the same as trying to run a car without gasoline. The treatment is to supply the Insulin by injection. There is also a dietary regimen that should be set up by a registered dietician.

In brief: Insulin and diet

Dr. Alvin Fried
Dr. Alvin Fried
Dr. Sharon Bass

In brief: Insulin

Type 1 diabetes means your pancreas no longer makes insulin.
You will need Insulin injections the rest of your life. Whether you give yourself injections or have an Insulin pump, there is no other treatment. But millions of people, type 1 and type 2, do so every day and lead normal lives. I do!

In brief: Insulin

Dr. Sharon Bass
Dr. Sharon Bass
Dr. Jonathan Jassey