What are the best treatments for type 1 diabetes?

Insulin. Type 1 diabetes is caused by the lack of Insulin through destruction of the beta cells in the pancreas, the treatment, therefore, is to give back insulin. This can be done through injections (syringes or pens) or through an Insulin pump.
Insulin. Type 1 diabetes occurs when the body has no way of having Insulin to help the body use sugar as a fuel for its activities. It is the same as trying to run a car without gasoline. The treatment is to supply the Insulin by injection. There is also a dietary regimen that should be set up by a registered dietician.