I have chronic PTT pain after an ankle sprain. I also get recurrent lower back pain (LBP) caused by a ligament strain and muscle imbalance. Can a chiropractor treat the LBP?

Dr. Kiley Reynolds
Pain Management

In brief: Chiropractic Therapy

Yes, the lbp can be helped by chiropractic care.
Conservative therapy is always best, but with your cervical disc pathology, i would assume that you have lumbar disc pathology as well. It would be good to have an initial evaluation by a physician and if appropriate, then a referral to a chiropractor would be in order. Good luck.

In brief: Chiropractic Therapy

Dr. Kiley Reynolds
Dr. Kiley Reynolds

Yes.

Yes.
Dr. Thomman Kuruvilla
Dr. Thomman Kuruvilla
Dr. Lee Wittenberg
A chiropractor might help with you low back pain, but if you have significant muscle imbalance, or a functional limb length discrepancy secondary to your chronic PTTD, you might want to consider orthotics to assist in reposition of your foot, ankle, knee, hips and lower back. It would be in your best interest to seek out a WELL-TRAINED and ethical foot and ankle specialist for your concerns
Dr. Steven Bernstein
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Consult

It would be best to consult an orthopedic surgeon.

In brief: Consult

Dr. Steven Bernstein
Dr. Steven Bernstein
Dr. Eric Weisman