Are there official recommendations for treating bullying?

Dr. Horacio Capote
In brief: There Are None
This is a complex behavior & we must start by trying to understand where it is coming from. I presume you are talking about a child who is bullying another. I would want to know if that child is the subject of some mistreatment.
Does s/he live in a chaotic household? Do his/her parents condone aggressive behaviors towards others? As w/many behavioral issues, we must strive to understand first.

In brief: There Are None
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Glen Elliott
I agree with Dr. Capote's general point about the uncertainties of how best to treat bullies. That said, I again note there are many programs, some quite well researched about combatting bullying. Usually the focus is on stopping the behavior, not necessarily helping the person doing the bullying.
Dr. Glen Elliott
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Absolutely
There are many excellent resources about bullying, it's effects on the bully and the victim, and approaches to stopping it.
The american academy of child and adolescent psychiatry (aacap) has a free facts-for-families that you might want to check out: www.Aacap.Org/cs/root/facts_for_families/bullying other sources also are easily available on the web.

In brief: Absolutely
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Glen Elliott