Are there good alternative therapies for borderline personality disorder?

Dr. Susan Uhrich
In brief: Not that I am aware
Of. The major problem is in interpersonal relationships, so the hallmark of treatment is developing a more healthy relationship with a therapist and dialectic behavioral therapy for the self harming behaviors.

In brief: Not that I am aware
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
In brief: I don't know
First, alternative to what? Many drugs have been found to be effective but none has stood the test of time.
Part of the problem may be that "borderline personality disorder" is heterogeneous. Psychotherapies have helped, especially a form of behavioral therapy.

In brief: I don't know
Dr. Michael Feinberg
Dr. Michael Feinberg
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology
In brief: DBT
Dbt, or dialetic behavioral therapy, formulated and developed by marsha linehan, pH.
D. Is currently though of as being very effective. Just about the biggest goal of this kind of therapy for this kind of disorder is to maintain boundaries.

In brief: DBT
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Eric Weisman