When I was growing up, we just worried about cuts and scrapes. Now it seems my grandkids have friends with all sorts of conditions. Latest one is asperger's syndrome. I've never heard of that.?

In brief: Autism Spectrum
Asperger's syndrome is one of the autism spectrum disorders.

In brief: Autism Spectrum
Dr. William Drescher
Dr. William Drescher
Dr. William Holmes
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Autistic Symptoms
Asperger's syndrome has been recognized for a long time, but it has gained more publicity in recent years.
It is related to a variety of developmental and behavioral symptoms that are similar to symptoms of autism, except they are milder and usually less disabling. The symptoms have to do with problems in verbal communication, difficulties with social interactions, and other behavioral problems.

In brief: Autistic Symptoms
Dr. William Holmes
Dr. William Holmes