What are the advantages and disadvantages of different treatments for chronic pain?

Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Pain Management
In brief: For which pain?
Can't accurately answer the question without knowing which pain state we are talking about.
There are good and bad therapeutic options for all chronic issues but we have to know the specifics and region in question. Get us those details and we will be more than happy to give you more detailed answers.

In brief: For which pain?
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Dr. Kenneth Choquette
Dr. Cheryl White
Pain Management
In brief: Depends on treatment
This is a tough one.
There are so many types of treatment depending on the cause and origin of the pain. I would certainly recommend a thorough exam to determine the cause of the pain. Unless unavoidable i would avoid surgery as it can cause adjacent level issues. Injections typically have few side effects as long as you tollerate steroids. I avoid pills wherever possible due to side effects.

In brief: Depends on treatment
This is a tough one.
Dr. Cheryl White
Dr. Cheryl White
Dr. Eric Weisman