2 doctors weighed in:

Should i let poison ivy blisters pop on their own or can I pop them? Also, why do they ooze gold color?

2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry
1 doctor agrees

In brief: Don't pop

Allow them to go away on their own.
Do not pop the blisters. The oozing material in the blister is created due to tissue damage from contact with urushiol. This is the chemical in poison ivy that causes the allergic reaction.

In brief: Don't pop

Allow them to go away on their own.
Do not pop the blisters. The oozing material in the blister is created due to tissue damage from contact with urushiol. This is the chemical in poison ivy that causes the allergic reaction.
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Christopher Crosby
Board Certified, Dermatology
12 years in practice
93K people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors