My sister was diagnosed with charcot-marie-tooth. What do I need to know?

It is neuropathy. This disorder is congenital affecting the nerves , sensory, muscles causing weakness and deformities in the lower extremities. Mental is normal except the physical disabilities.
Get genetic test. Charcot-marie-tooth disease is actually a group of genetically distinct disorders that have similar symptoms;it's the most common inherited neurologic disorder. Its symptoms start before 20 yrs old and include slowly progressing weakness starting in the muscles of the ends of the limbs (usually legs first).This leads to poor finger control, difficulty walking & frequent tripping.