My parents did not set a healthy example for us as kids. They had lots of problems. One that my siblings now have also is brain tumor. How can I avoid getting it also?

Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Brain tumors

Brain tumors are genetic.
While there is a slightly increased risk in the family members of patients with brain tumors, the overall risk is quite small, < 1%. Stress from your parents failings (we all have failings) did not cause a brain tumor. All you can do is to avoid environmental exposures that increase the risk--such as external radiation, even excessive head ct scans, etc.

In brief: Brain tumors

Brain tumors are genetic.
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. William Nyman
Radiology

In brief: Would not worry

Bad health habits can't really be a cause of a brain tumor.
The closest i can think of would be to get a smoking related cancer and have brain metastasis. Avoiding that is easy.

In brief: Would not worry

Dr. William Nyman
Dr. William Nyman
Dr. Jonathan Jassey