My doctor talked over my head. We are confused. What is brain injury?

Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: Brain injury

Brain injury is most commonly the result of trauma involving external force applied to the brain causing a concussion.
This involves inflammation and swelling of the tissues (cells) in the brain. When brain cells swell they do not function normally. Which symptoms are caused all depends on where in the brain the cells are located. Other factors that increase brain pressure are bleeding & stroke.

In brief: Brain injury

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Michael Korona
Radiology - Interventional

In brief: Damage

To brain tissue usually from trauma.
Can be from lack of oxygen also. Have your doctor or his nurse spell it out for you better.

In brief: Damage

To brain tissue usually from trauma.
Dr. Michael Korona
Dr. Michael Korona