Just diagnosed with cavernous sinus thrombosis. Had many questions on the way home but doctor is gone now. Can you tell me about the condition?

V. serious condition. Usually due to infection of ethnoid sphenoid or maxillary sinuses or skin around the eyes/nose. There is obstruction of the ophthalmic veins leading to proptosis (bulging of the eyes) and edema of the lids. There may be vision loss, loss of eye movement and pain around the eye. Pts require high dose IV antibiotic. If diabetic need to r/o mucormycosis and orbital cellulitis.