I am a nervous wreck. My daughter has brain and spinal infections. Can you tell me about it?

In brief: Hard to comment

If this is viral it is usually brief with few if any associated problems beyond the symptoms.
If this is bacterial is is more worrisome and can have serious complications. Try to get more information from the treatment team.If they do not answer enough of your concerns you are free to ask again.Questions are not linked, so each must have enough basic info to answer.

In brief: Hard to comment

Dr. Kevin Teal
Neurosurgery

In brief: Antibiotics/workup

Your daughter needs an evaluation for the source of her infections.
She may have a heart infection, skin or sinus tract allowing spinal fluid to leak, blood or urinary tract infection. Whatever age your daughter is the source of the infection must be found if possible. Infections of the brain/spinal cord that become abscesses need to be drained so they can resolve. Prayerfully she will get better.

In brief: Antibiotics/workup

Dr. Kevin Teal
Dr. Kevin Teal
Dr. Cindy Juster