Does high anxiety or hypertension of mother during labour/delivery cause otism or related disorders like hyperactivity to the newborn baby?

In brief: No

Anxiety and hypertension do effect baby.
Their related stress hormones can speed up lung maturity and indirectly reduce the babies birth weight by a few ounces.Add appears to have lose genetic influences and studies point to small gene mutations that may exist prior to conception as a cause of some autism.I would forget these issues for now and work to get through pregnancy as healthy as possible.

In brief: No

Dr. Tracey Leaver-Williams

In brief: Unlikely

The cause of autism is not known.
Anxiety and hypertension are unlikely to cause long lasting defects.

In brief: Unlikely

The cause of autism is not known.
Dr. Arnon Rubin