Ever since the pediatrician diagnosed brain bleeding in my son, I have been a nervous wreck. What does it mean?

In brief: Hard to say

Early in the development of CT,I recall a report that up to 3 % of otherwise normal vaginal newborns had small areas of bleed suggested by the study.
Today's studies are more accurate and I suspect your doc is describing a more worrisome event. I have patients that grew up to be intellectually normal with minor motor problems & some that did poorly.Treatment in early childhood helps improve outcome

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Edward Smith
Neurology

In brief: Brain bleed in kids

Brain bleeding in children or adults is always serious.
Depending on the location and speed at which bleeding occurs will determine outcome to a great degree, ultimately the cause of bleeding must be discovered for this often determines long term prognosis. Surgery is necessary if there are progressive signs of neurologic deterioration.

In brief: Brain bleed in kids

Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Shontae Buffington