I have a pinched nerve on upper left back that gives my left arm &chest pain but somedays i feel small pains &somedays i don'tfeel it is that possible?

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Yes symptom levels

Can vary based on the degree of activity high can affect the degree of inflammation in that region.

In brief: Yes symptom levels

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Bahman Omrani
Pain Management

In brief: Radiculitis

A pinched or irritated nerve in the lower cervical/upper thoracic spine can cause the symptoms describes.
Less common possibility is brachial neuritis. Your doctor may be able to diagnose your condition by obtaining a relevant history from you and performing a physical examination. Mri is often needed +/- nerve studies to confirm the diagnosis so targeted treatment can be provided. Good luck.

In brief: Radiculitis

Dr. Bahman Omrani
Dr. Bahman Omrani
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology