Is OTC slo-niacin or OTC enduracin ask effective as niaspan in lowering triglycerides? All 3 products are extended release versions of nicotinic acid

Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Should be same.

Milligram for milligram, they should all be similarly effective.
That being said, there's more regulation and quality control placed over medication (NiaSpan) compared to OTC agents so the dosing of such might be more accurate and reliable, technically speaking.

In brief: Should be same.

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Milton Alvis, jr
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Enduracin BestOfAll

Discovered enduracin from a client in 1995, consistently found it to be both best & ?st expensive.
Have taken 2, 000 mg/day since then, purchase wholesale bulk, stock in my office & resell it for ?. However, it is most useful for ?? large HDL particle concentrations; get NMR particle test to see->lipid profile doesnotshow reality. Best for ?triglycerides (& body fat) is hf/lc see: fatheadmovie.

In brief: Enduracin BestOfAll

Dr. Milton Alvis, jr
Dr. Milton Alvis, jr
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology