Is it normal to feel dizzy during my period? My hemoglobin is on 12, so it can't be anemia.

Dr. Louis Cooper

In brief: No

It is never normal to be dizzy.
You need to check with your physician---are your periods very heavy? Are you drinking sufficient fluids? Are you on any medications that may contribute to dizziness? Do your periods cause you to be anxious? Good luck!

In brief: No

It is never normal to be dizzy.
Dr. Michael Engel
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: It is not normal...

To feel dizzy because of blood loss from menses.
You need to be seen by your doctor so that you can work toward identifying the cause of this abnormal response and correcting it. Fyi, your hemoglobin of 12 g/dl corresponds to an hematocrit of around 36%. While not terrible, this is not a normal value. Please see your physician as soon as you can. It's definitely in your best interest.

In brief: It is not normal...

Dr. Adam Levy