My mother has coronary artery disease. What should I tell her?

Good options. Eat healthy, exercise regularly per doctor's direction, quit smoking, take medications needed to treat angina, cholesterol and blood pressure and aspirin. Your cardiologist may recommend a stent or bypass surgery based upon severity of the disease. Reassure your mother that a lot can be done to treat her condition.
It depends... More information is needed to answer that as "coronary heart disease" is a rather broad term. It includes a non-obstructive disease, such as blockages that have not progressed to cause symptoms but still need treatment, and obstructive disease that may lead to various symptoms including angina, heartattack, and congestive heart failure. Please, provide more information.
See a cardiologist. The majority of coronary artery disease can be treated by cardiologists. Please ask her primary care physician to find out a cardiologist.