My adult kids are worried about my health now that I have arteriosclerosis of extremities. What should I tell them?

Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: You can do it...

Reassure them that you are doing what it takes to improve your health.
This includes eating healthy, quitting smoking, regular exercise per direction of your doctor and take prescribed medications which may include blood pressure and cholesterol lowering medications, Aspirin or clopidogrel. The goal is to decrease risk of heart attack and stroke in addition to improving circulation in your legs.

In brief: You can do it...

Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Howard Rubin
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Arteriosclerosis

This is a generalized process that can involve arteries in the legs, brain, and heart.

In brief: Arteriosclerosis

Dr. Howard Rubin
Dr. Howard Rubin
Dr. Umesh Patel