Is having congenital heart disease something to worry about? My wife is upset since my son's doctor visit.

In brief: Time for conference
If your wife left the visit confused about the lable of chd it was likely poorly explained or mom was unable to process the info at the time & ask important questions.
A good phone conversation or consutation visit should get everybody on track. Chd can be minor & have no impact on one's life or require major surgery. Most of the later are evident at birth so theres a good chance this is less so.

In brief: Time for conference
Dr. Barry Bergman
In brief: Congenital heart
There are many different congenital heart problems many of which require no intervention and some which the patient may grow out of.
Some if they are serious enough can require surgery to repair. Ask your pediatric cardiologist which one it is>.

In brief: Congenital heart
Dr. Barry Bergman
Dr. Barry Bergman
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology