I work really hard to stay in shape and eat right. Now I have a diagnosis of blocked arteries. What else can I do so that it doesn't affect my overall health?

Dr. Howard Rubin
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Artery problems

Get to ideal weight, lower LDL cholesterol to less than 70, lower blood pressure to normal if high, discuss baby Aspirin daily with your physician, avoid smoking.

In brief: Artery problems

Dr. Howard Rubin
Dr. Howard Rubin
Dr. John Szawaluk
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Risk factors

Diet and exercise are important but often are not enough.
Treatment of hypertension is essential. Lowering cholesterol is just as important. Smoking cessation and treatment of other risk factors is essential. Your doctor can outline a treatment plan specifically for you.

In brief: Risk factors

Dr. John Szawaluk
Dr. John Szawaluk
Dr. Umesh Patel