I think my child may have congenital heart defects. What would that mean?

Dr. Laura Webb
In brief: A number of things
The prognosis for children with congenital heart defects really depends on the exact nature of the defect.
Some are easily correctable by surgery, some don't need surgery at all and others need a series of more complicated surgeries. In any case keeping in close contact with your pediatrician and cardiologist is very important. Good nutrition will help your child heal well.

In brief: A number of things
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. John Stork
Anesthesiology
In brief: Depends..
Congenital heart disease covers a wide range from life-threatening to benign.
Start with your pediatrician, who can refer you to a pediatric cardiologist, who can make the right diagnosis, and advise you about prognosis and treatment.

In brief: Depends..
Dr. John Stork
Dr. John Stork
Dr. Cindy Juster