Can you please tell me what I did wrong to get calciphylaxis?

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care

In brief: Calciphylaxis

For goodness sake, you did not do anything wrong.
We have no idea why some patients develop this syndrome and others not given similar parameters. Just concentrate on working with the renal physician in doing a workup to see if there are correctable chemical abnormalities; and a specialist in wound care that is familiar with calciphylaxis patients (this may require some investigation).

In brief: Calciphylaxis

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. David Wishnew
Wound care

In brief: Calciphylaxis

Calciphylaxis is a poorly understood phenomenon that occurs in end stage kidney disease.
There is deposition of calcium in the walls of blood vessels and in the soft tissues, leading to intravascular throboses (clogging) and skin necrosis. There are no lab tests and the diagnosis is clinical. You did nothing wrong but this is a serious problem. Be sure to follow your dr's instructions.

In brief: Calciphylaxis

Dr. David Wishnew
Dr. David Wishnew