I have double vision and nearsightedness, will lasik do any good for me? My vision improves 70 % with glasses but i get a hard time focusing anything.

Dr. Gary Hirshfield
Ophthalmology

In brief: Probably not

There are two issues that need specific answers, one is do you really have double vision(that is seeing two separate or partially overlapping images and not just ghosting or blur) and if so, what is the cause? The second is to find out why your vision only improves 70 per cent with glasses.
Until then you should not have lasik.

In brief: Probably not

Until then you should not have lasik.
Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology

In brief: No

Lasik will not correct double vision.
When you say your vision only corrects 70% with glasses makes me believe that your eyes have more issues than just double vision. At your age, your vision should be able to be corrected to 20/20 if all else is healthy. See an eye md for a comprehensive examination you may require treatment.

In brief: No

Lasik will not correct double vision.
Dr. Eric Weisman