My neighbors say my new doctor tends to overdiagnose everyone. He thinks I might have churg-strauss syndrome. Can you tell me the symptoms?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Severe asthma
Css is a form of blood vessel inflammation (vasculitis) that typically presents as severe asthma requiring oral Prednisone to control.
Steroids control asthma but not the underlying inflammation so that when your doctor tries to lower the dose other symptoms appear - bruising, rhinitis, gastrointestinal bleeding. The astute physician will note these additional symptoms & order appropriate tests.

In brief: Severe asthma
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Andrew Murphy
In brief: Complex
Churg-strauss syndrome (css) is an inflammation of the blood vessels that can lead to chest symptoms that mimic asthma.
Css is typically associated with sinus disease, elevated allergy cells in your blood, abnormal chest x-ray finding and neurological symptoms. It is a veery serious disease that typically is misdiagnosed as asthma.

In brief: Complex
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Andrew Murphy
Dr. Eric Weisman