My doctor says I have churg-strauss syndrome, but I don't understand. What does it mean?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: CSS
Churg-strauss syndrome (css) is an inflammation of the blood vessels that can lead to chest symptoms that mimic asthma.
Css is typically associated with sinus disease, elevated eosinophils your blood, occasional abnormal chest x-ray finding and neurological symptoms. It can be a very serious disease if not treated appropriately.

In brief: CSS
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Stratos Christianakis
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Autoimmune Disease
The answer can be very complicated, but here goes: your body's immune system is attacking the small arteries in your body. It may be triggered by allergic causes and has significant association with asthma and sinus disease. By and large, we really don't know the cause, but we do know that the immune system is the problem.

In brief: Autoimmune Disease
Dr. Stratos Christianakis
Dr. Stratos Christianakis
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology