Looked up allergic rhinitis but still unsure what it is.?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Allergic Rhinitis
It is basically inflammation of the nasal passages due to the aeroallergens caused by indoor or outdoor pollens.
Trees, grasses, weeds, mold, cats, dogs, dust mites, cockroaches, etc... Many treatment options. Allergy shots are best but topical medications can also be equally effective. See an allergist for testing.

In brief: Allergic Rhinitis
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
3 comments
Dr. Patrick Melder
You don't need to be "tested" necessarily. A good history and exam is usually all that is needed with empiric treatment if needed.
Dr. Jack Mutnick
I disagree. As an Allergist I am routinely fooled by the history presented to me...and patient's make mistakes all the time. Testing is the best way to find the true cause.
Dr. Linda Green
Pediatrics - Allergy & Asthma
In brief: Hay fever
Allergic rhinitis is often referred to as hay fever or rose fever even though there is no fever, hay or roses involved.

In brief: Hay fever
Dr. Linda Green
Dr. Linda Green
Dr. Shontae Buffington