Is there a gentle way to treat contact dermatitis?

Protect. Avoid things that make you break out, soaps & wetness. Wash your hands only when necessary. Wear gloves when needed. Wear clothes made of cotton. Bathe only with a small amount of mild unscented soap, such as dove. Keep the water temperature cool or warm, not hot. Use the medicine your doctor gave you. Use a plain moisturizer daily. Avoid scratching or rubbing the itchy area. Manage stress.
Contact Dermatitis. Finding and eliminating the cause is much preferable to trreating the symptoms. Dermatologists can perform patch testing (if needed) to help identify the trigger.
Define "gentle" I'm not sure what constitutes a "gentle" treatment, but numerous topical creams, ointments, and lotions are available, as well as oral and injectable medications. Permanent cure relies on identifying the contactant that is causing the rash, which your dermatologist can do with a technique called patch testing.