I have had upper back pain on right for a year now. Mri of thrastic doesn't show anything to warrant the pain I have. Ct of chest 8 months ago clear. Should I repeat ct? Its getting worse. Cancer?

Get really examined. Many doctors forgot how to examine a patient properly and depend on MRI and ct scan to give them a diagnosis made by some one else. Some one must examine your back and press on all the bones and joint areas and they will find the spots that are causing the pain. Ligaments get damaged and need to be repaired.Prolotherapy can do that and a prolotherapist can help you. Visit www getprolo.Com .
Second opinion. This is complicated! ct/mri normal. You want to have to expertise of a highly trained doctor who will get a thorough history and physical. Cancer not really a possibility but better check with a highly educated doc.