How will I know if I have breast lump?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: Self-examination
Tara-that is often a very difficult thing to determine for patient and doctor, since the breast by it's very nature is a very "lumpy-bumpy" organ.
If you perform self-examination, you will be more likely to identify any new lump, which should prompt a visit to your doctor. If they share your concern, they will send you to a breast specialist and may order tests such as an ultrasound+/-mammogram.

In brief: Self-examination
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Gregory Ginn
I might add that not all women have fibrocystic breast disease, but if you feel a new lump or a growing lump, seek a breast specialist immediately.
Dr. Carla Enriquez
In brief: Ask doctor
Your doctor can teach you self examination of the breast.
How to do it, when to do it, and when to have a lump checked out. There are devices that simulate breast tissue that your doctor uses to help you get the "feel" of how a breast should feel and how lumps feel.

In brief: Ask doctor
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Jonathan Jassey