How should I treat bulimia?

Dr. Zinat Sobhani
In brief: Consult a specialist
In general the treatment of bulimia could consist of a combination of psychotropic medications and psycho therapy and possibly other medical interventions.
That needs to be tailored to your specific situation/condition and needs. It is very important that you get a full evaluation by a psychiatrist/therapist who will guide you through the right treatment plan.

In brief: Consult a specialist
Dr. Zinat Sobhani
Dr. Zinat Sobhani
2 comments
Dr. Marci Dietrich
I completely disagree with your psychoanalaytic interpretaion.
Doesn't sound psychoanalytic to me.
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics
In brief: Bulimia
I believe that bulimia is an physiological disdorder of hunger interpretation it'start is a consequence of starvation and then binging.
Being overyly hungry and quenching that desire with food that satisfiies. We need to restore a feeling of "satiety" in some way to these patients. They no longer have the feeiing of satiety and hunger.I find that they are in need of satiety support. More info.....

In brief: Bulimia
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Vikas Duvvuri
In brief: See below
Treatment for bulimia can be quite effective.
A combination of medications and psychotherapy is used. Start with your primary care doc so the medical complications are being managed and ask for a psychiatry referral.

In brief: See below
Dr. Vikas Duvvuri
Dr. Vikas Duvvuri