Why's it the fact that Xanax (alprazolam) makes me hyper and talkative when it is supposed to do the opposite?

Dr. Patrick Tapia

In brief: It is like alcohol

The behavioral effects of benzodiazepines in some people are analogous to the effect of alcohol.
If you have ever observed someone become more hyper and talkative when they are intoxicated with alcohol then there is a parallel between that state and what you are experiencing in the context of xanax (alprazolam) administration. I would talk with your doctor about changing your medication profile.

In brief: It is like alcohol

Dr. Patrick Tapia
Dr. Patrick Tapia