My father has cocaine abuse. What does this mean?

In brief: Here's more info
For lots of information on the definition of addiction, see: http://www.
Asam.Org/research-treatment/definition-of-addiction.

In brief: Here's more info
Dr. Elizabeth Howell
Dr. Elizabeth Howell
Dr. John Moseri
Addiction Medicine
In brief: Cocaine abuse
Cocaine abuse is a very common addiction.
Your father is treating his mood with a stimulant that provides euphoria.It makes his brain crave it, want it, glorify it, and leads to a behavior that seeks cocaine, spends time getting and using it without regard to risks and consequences to self or to loved ones.

In brief: Cocaine abuse
Dr. John Moseri
Dr. John Moseri
Dr. Paul Schwartz
In brief: He abuses cocaine
If your husband has Cocaine abuse, then your husband abuses cocaine! in my opinion, any use of Cocaine warrants a diagnosis of Cocaine abuse.
As such, so does so-called "recreational" use of Cocaine warrant a diagnosis of Cocaine abuse. Cocaine is too dangerous of a substance to use in a non-abusive manner. Cocaine abuse can also lead to dependence and withdrawal (e.g. Hypersomnia, depression).

In brief: He abuses cocaine
Dr. Paul Schwartz
Dr. Paul Schwartz