I'm having severe severe pain on my right side upper back below the rib cage and wraps arnd to my stomach! what could be going on? It hurts to walk

Dr. Arlene Garcia
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Pyelonephritis

If you also have noticed burning sensation when you urinate and fever, this could be an infectin i your kidney.
If you have crampy severe pain, nausea and or vomiting, feel sweaty and feverish it maybe your gallbladder.

In brief: Pyelonephritis

Dr. Arlene Garcia
Dr. Arlene Garcia
Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice

In brief: RUQ/flank pain

There are many causes of severe right sided pain where you describe.
Gallbladder disease (cholecystitis and/or stone) may be the cause or kidney infection/abcess/stone is another possiblity. A simple ultrasound and blood tests can help with the diagnosis. If the pain 'wraps to the stomach' then pancreatitis or ulcer are other possiblities so it is time to get seen. Hope you are better soon!

In brief: RUQ/flank pain

Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine