If im 39 weeks and being induced could I have a bigger chance of having a C-section then having him normal?

In brief: Depends on reason
If you are being induced, the risk is always somewhat greater for c-section than if you go into labor on your own.
That said, if the induction is a timing & not a health issue, there is always the risk your dates are a little off, & the more premature the baby is, the greater the risk of c-section due to failed induction. If the induction is being done for health reasons, the risk is worth it.

In brief: Depends on reason
Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Matt Malkin
Anesthesiology
In brief: Not BECAUSE of
If you are not progressing, you are already at risk.
Induction is hoping to reduce risk of c-section. Btw, i highly recommend epidural since Pitocin (oxytocin) causes powerful contractions. I often try placing epidural before induction started when it is easier (less swelling and movement). I then load the medication in it once you are actively progressing. Epidural does not slow active labor.

In brief: Not BECAUSE of
Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Adam Levy