If I took Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) while pergant with my son, did this meds cause his austim?

Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: Not Known to Happen
Currently there is no evidence that taking Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) while pregnant causes autism.

In brief: Not Known to Happen
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
2 comments
Dr. Nguyen Nguyen
There is no evidence that Adderall is linked to autism at all. There are autistic children that take Adderall to control their hyperactivity, but Adderall did not cause their autism in the first place
Dr. Bassam Amawi
I agree with other physicians there is no association between Adderall and autism. And U may sprinkle Capsule's content on apple sauce or swallow caps
Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Likely not
There isn't much evidence linking stimulant use during pregnancy and autism.
This disease much still a mystery in medicine and we have not pinpoint the cause. There might be associations, but we don't have specific cause. I am sorry that your son is autistic...My sincere wish him good health and that you will have good patience taking care of him... Best of luck....

In brief: Likely not
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Autism
Taking Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) during pregnancy has not been associated with autism in the child.
There are probably many causes of autism and the exact causes are not known.

In brief: Autism
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Marilynn Frederiksen
Dr. Shontae Buffington