I have had a mastoid op about 26 yrs ago and I get really bad ear infections ever since but my problem is my jaw is really sore I can hardly chew.?

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Jaw pain
Persistent pain around the angle of the jaw or in the jaw joint suggests the possibility of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome--painful inflammation of the jaw joint.
The 2 major causes are advanced degenerative arthritis in the jaw joint itself, or excessive wear and tear, eg, in people who grind their teeth at night, or have chewing habits like gum, pencils, etc., and in chronic stress.

In brief: Jaw pain
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Jonathan Jassey