My cruciate ligament in my knee is still giving trouble after 10 yrs what can I do to strengthen d knee please.?

Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Stronger hamstrings
I assume that you are talking about your anterior cruciate ligament (acl).
The hamstring muscles on the back of the thigh can improve the stability of a knee with an abnormal acl. The hamstring curl machine is a typical gym exercise. There are also several home based exercises (such as with an exercise ball) that are good. Try googling them.

In brief: Stronger hamstrings
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Nolan Segal
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Exercise
Quadriceps and hamstring strengthening exercises.
Biking is also good. If your knee feels unstable a de-rotation brace can help. After 10 years surgical reconstruction might no longer be an option.

In brief: Exercise
Dr. Nolan Segal
Dr. Nolan Segal
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Let me understand
I assume you acl reconstruction if that correct, some patient have trouble from that, were the donor site(graft) was taken? Or some arthritis in the knee .
I would go to have the knee looked at and if there are any problems you have to address that. If the knee okay? Go to pt and have give home pt program to strengthen the muscles around the knee. Good luck, thanks.

In brief: Let me understand
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine