Fiber is supposed to decrease colon cancer risk, but does chronic constipation increase the cancer risk even if a person eats tons of fiber?

Colon cancer. The relationship between high fiber intake and colon cancer is still somewhat controversial with studies going both ways. But a high fiber diet is beneficial in many other ways as well. There are no quality clinical data to suggest constipation is a risk factor for colon cancer.
Unlikely. A diet low in fiber is associated with colon cancer risk. Constipation has not been associated with increased cancer risk in huge population studies in japan and netherlands recently- in fact in the latter study colon cancer risk was less in patients with constipation!