Recently found out im 13weeks pregnant that im bleeding cause the placenta is blocking my cervix... Is there anything I can do to fix this before baby?

David Miller

In brief: Placenta previa

Placenta previa is a condition where the placenta grows over the opening to the cervix (i.
e. "previous to" or before the fetus). This can result in bleeding and, if not carefully managed, can threaten the health of both mom and baby. Dr. Lewis is exactly right: see your OB and carefully follow their advice to the letter, which may include bed-rest and certainly a c-section.

In brief: Placenta previa

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
David Miller
You're welcome.
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis

In brief: Placenta previa

See your OB doc and follow his/her advice carefully.

In brief: Placenta previa

Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
Dr. Shontae Buffington