Can erectile dysfunction be prevented?  

Yes! I agree wholeheartedly w/dr. Khorsandi. There's no reason to have to suffer from erectile dysfunction if one exercises regularly, eats properly (open to debate but i think most can agree), doesn't smoke, avoids obesity & excessive alcohol. Also, it's important to avoid medications that can cause ed such as Finasteride & dutasteride. And it's important to avoid stress while staying engaged w/partne.
Yes. Erectile dysfunction occurs as a man ages. The extent to which is affects the person, howver, is variable. Some prevention methods include eating healthy and staying fit (exercising). More importantly, if one has diabetes, hi blood pressure, or other medical issues, it is vital that these conditions be well treated to prevent future complications include erectile dysfunction.