The last week I have been waking up in middle of night drenched in sweat.What could be causing this.Should I worry? Soakin wet! thanks...

Dr. Peter Kurzweil

In brief: It is concerning...

Night sweats often occcur when one has a fever and the body goes through shivering or sweating as a way of cooling the body and bring down the fever. Going on for a week, the likeliest cause is an infection.
Where: urinary tract, lungs, prostate in males, sinuses, viral illness; or is it a drug reaction. A careful history and physical, possibly urine and blood testing: c ur gp--best & least $$.

In brief: It is concerning...

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Martin Raff
It would also be helpful to have more history. Have you ever been exposed to TB, are you losing weight, have you taken your temperature, how old are you, are you taking any medications. See a doctor.