Hi! can I keep my second baby if I have incontinence urinary stress from my first childbirth or is beter to abort to treat my problem first? Thanks.

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Keep baby

Best to treat stress urinary continence after you have finished having children.
Any correction of your sui can & is likely to be damaged by subsequent pregnancies.

In brief: Keep baby

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Michael Hulse
Gynecology

In brief: No need to abort.

Urinary incontinence is not a dangerous problem. That being said, it can be a very annoying problem. For now i would recommend regular pelvic floor exercises.
Although it is not necessary to have any treatment, there are conservative therapies that can be used between pregnancies. I would not recommend any permanent treatment until you are finished with childbearing.

In brief: No need to abort.

Dr. Michael Hulse
Dr. Michael Hulse
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham