Broke my fibula and tore ligaments in my ankle. Had surgery (with a titanium plate and connector between my fib and tib). What's recovery time like?

Dr. Nolan Segal
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: 3 months
It can depend on how bad the fracture is and how much soft tissue damage was done.
On average it takes 6 weeks for the bone to heel with another 6-8 weeks of rehab.

In brief: 3 months
Dr. Nolan Segal
Dr. Nolan Segal
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry
In brief: Recovery time varies
Recover time will vary depending on many factors including age, general health of the patient, infection control, smoker or not, blood sugar control, and post-operative and follow up care.
Discuss it with your surgeon and get their opinion as to what they feel is a reasonable recovery time for you.

In brief: Recovery time varies
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Eric Bluman
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle
In brief: Months
Sounds as if you had repair of a syndesmosis injury as well as fixation of the ankle fracture.
The former takes months to heal and will likely be the limiting factor before you can start bearing weight. Discuss expected recovery time with your orthopaedic surgeon.

In brief: Months
Dr. Eric Bluman
Dr. Eric Bluman
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: Your surgeon is
The best to tell you.
Bone takes 6-8 weeks to heel on average. 2-3 months is not an unreasonable time where one should start to be able to walk comfortably. Full recovery can take much longer than that however.

In brief: Your surgeon is
The best to tell you.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Let me answer you
8-12 weeks. I hope you do okay. Thank you.

In brief: Let me answer you
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Vicken Poochikian