The dorsal vein on my penis appears much larger and I am noticing transient groin discomfort. I am a 22 year old male. What could this be?

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Dorsal penile vein
If you are sexually quite active, it is normal for your dorsal penile vein to enlarge since sex involves increasing blood flow to the penis, holding it for a while (erection), and then letting it flow out through the veins.
The transient groin discomfort could well be due to venous congestion or engorgement, somewhat analogous to the "blue ball" syndrome. It is benign and will resolve.

In brief: Dorsal penile vein
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Adam Smith